It is that time of year again as Troop 1705 prepares to kick off another Awesome Year of Scouting Adventures!
Within the next week I will be sending out a Troop Newsletter, with a lot of information to assist you as the scout year gets started, and a Troop Calendar. In the meantime here is some key information:
Summer Camp 2012
The Troop had a great time at Summer Camp this year at Lost Lake Scout Reservation. We had 38 scouts and 12 Adults attend summer camp. The scouts earned over 140 merit badges along with many other camp awards. Look for more details in the newsletter.
The First Troop Meeting of the School Year:
Monday, Sept. 10th, 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm, Wass Elementary School.
(NOTE all troop meetings this year will be 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm, 15 minutes shorter than last year, new school policy dictates that we need to be out of the building by 8:30.)
We have a lot to cover at the first meeting!
- Senior Patrol Election
- Patrol Selection and Patrol Leader Elections
- Start Planning Campout Sites and Monthly Themes
- Start conducting Scoutmaster Conferences and Board of Reviews for those scouts who are working towards to achieving their next rank.
Senior Patrol Leader Elections
The election for Senior Patrol Leader WILL BE HELD ON — MONDAY, SEPT. 10 at the troop meeting. The following qualifications MUST be met for anyone running for the Senior Patrol Leader’s office:
- Star or better in rank (if you are 1st Class, waiting for your BOR, you are eligible)
- Maintain “better than average” attendance at all troop functions
- Has read the Junior Leader Handbook and is prepared to accept all the duties and responsibilities of the office
- Maintain a “C” or better average in school
- Have the permission of the Scoutmaster
- MUST attend a Troop JLT training session on Sept 22nd.
All candidates for the job of Senior Patrol Leader are to contact Mr. Gustafson BEFORE August 29th.
BE PREPARED to personally meet with him for about 1 hour, to discuss with him your views, goals, choice of ASPL’s and expectations of the troop this year. BE PREPARED to discuss how you will perform your duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Junior Leader Handbook. Also, each candidate must be prepared at the Sept. 10th meeting to say to the Scouts in the troop WHY he feels qualified to be elected to the highest position of responsibility in the troop. This speech is not to be more than 2 minutes in length. Yes, this is YOUR campaign speech to the Troop. If you have any questions, give Mr. G a call.
Call SOON for an appointment. 248-740-9296 or 248-250-1490.
Yours in Scouting,
Scoutmaster, Troop 1705